I have it. Big time.
It’s like Murphy’s Law, except it only goes into effect when your active duty (or reservist) spouse deploys. And it can start in the week before they leave, but usually happens in the week or so after they leave.
In the last two weeks, I’ve had the following:
- The a/c flooded the garage. Again.
- The a/c also needs to be cleaned because we discovered (when checking to fix the flooding thing) that it’s covered in salt and corrosion.
- The front porch lights went out. And needed whole new fixtures.
- The tub drain backed up and had to be dismantled.
- The cats had their vet appointments and have had to go on prescription things.
- The computer has started being wonky. It’s four years old, which is about the lifespan, but still.
- My cell phone has started being wonky, too.
- I’ve been sick.
- I’ve lost several important items, such as the pet fur attachment for my vacuum… my stairs are sort of awful right now.
- And probably some other stuff, too, that I’ve already blocked from my memory.
Today it is in the form of a flat tire that I discovered at 5:30pm, so half an hour after repair shops close, and as I’m supposed to leave for my Wednesday night commitment. I haven’t been anywhere today, spending most of the day cleaning the house (which is an ongoing project this week since I finally have the time), and I was in a hurry to leave (so I could arrive on time), but as I pulled out of the driveway, I heard a scraping sound and noticed as I neared the mailbox (end of the block) that my car was pulling hard to the left…. so I got out and sure enough, the front left tire was on-the-ground-flat. I pumped it back up to turn around and pull back into the driveway, but now I’m worried… because I first noticed a slight pull to the left yesterday on the way home from the zoo… but it wasn’t bad so I was going to get an alignment on Friday… but if my tire was low yesterday (and clearly I didn’t notice, so what’s wrong with me that I’m that distracted?) then have I hurt my axle? I sure hope not. And I think this is one of my new tires, but I can’t find the receipt for it so I’m a little concerned… because if it’s new, then I could get it fixed for free.
At least I get free towing while J is deployed. Sigh.